Kyle and her husband moved to Brookfield in 1986. She became active in local politics and started blogging in 2004. Her focus is primarily on local issues but often includes state and national topics, too. Kyle looks at things from the taxpayers' perspective in a creative, yet down to earth way, addressing them from a practical point of view.
About 10% over?
School construction bids $300K over budget
Elmbrook School Board members voted unanimously Tuesday to approve bids
from six subcontractors for preliminary construction work at Brookfield
East and Central high schools.
Though some bids were under budget, the entire bid package was $306,179 more than the combined $3,075,262 budget for the categories of selective demolition, concrete, structural precast concrete and structural steel.
The following subcontractors were approved:
- Veit will do selective demolition work at Brookfield East for $25,000, which is $1,000 over budget.
- CG Schmidt will do concrete work at Brookfield Central for $465,484, which is $164,992 over budget.
- VJS Construction Services will do concrete work at Brookfield East for $539,596, which is $114,046 over budget.
- Spancrete will do structural precast concrete work at both high schools for a combined $956,832, which is $90,953 under budget.
- Duwe Metal Products will do structural steel work at Brookfield Central for $540,864, or $10,623 under budget.
- Superior Structural will do structural steel work at Brookfield East for $853,665, which is $127,717 over budget.