Abercrombie closed at Brookfield Square
Abercrombie has closed both its Abercrombie & Fitch and its abercrombie kids stores at Brookfield Square, as part of a nationwide pullback for the upscale teen clothing chain.
Abercrombie announced last year that it would close 65 stores by the end of January, and another 50 stores by January 2012. Abercrombie's sales have improved in recent months, after sliding during the two previous recession years.
With the closings at Brookfield, Abercrombie's only stores in the area are at Mayfair. The company also has stores at the Fox River Mall in Appleton and West Towne Mall in Madison.
- Meijer store in Sussex to open Tuesday
- National Business Furniture grand opening set for June 14
- Men's retailer Richard Bennett Tailors moving to Brookfield Square from Mayfair
- Bon-Ton Stores Inc. planning to sell, lease back three more stores
- Hallmark aiming for another touchdown: Packer Jordy Nelson is 2016 Keepsake ornament
- Wisconsin's first Akira store opens Friday at Brookfield Square
- Downtown Boston Store's new furniture department debuts Thursday
- Meijer partners with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin network
- Fox Bros. Piggly Wiggly lands meat contest awards
- TUMI luggage store to open at Pleasant Prairie outlet mall
Retail Business News
Lands' End Inc. on Tuesday said it has promoted a longtime executive to chief marketing officer, quickly filling a post left vacant a month ago.
Named to the position, and to an executive vice president slot, is Becky Gebhardt, formerly chief creative officer with the Dodgeville-based retailer. Gebhardt has been with Lands' End since 1991.
In her new role — a critical one for any retailer — Gebhardt succeeds Steven Rado, whose resignation was disclosed last month in a filing with securities regulators. No reason was given for Rado's departure. Lands' End said in the filing that it planned to search externally for a replacement.
The firm also said Tuesday that it has hired Mike Zhang as vice president for e-commerce, digital marketing and innovation, and promoted Mike Holahan to senior vice president for multichannel marketing. Both men will report to Gebhardt.