Christine Hedstrom, Elmbrook School District assistant superintendent for human resources, is leaving Elmbrook to take a similar position with the Waukesha School District, pending the approval of both school boards.
Hedstrom, who has worked for the district since 2005, said her last day will be June 30. She will be involved with the initial stages of finding a new assistant superintendent, who will be involved in employee bargaining, staffing issues and more.
Hedstrom said she was happy in Elmbrook and hadn't been looking for another position when she was approached by Waukesha. She was impressed during discussions with the neighboring school district and is looking forward to the challenges presented by a larger, more diverse school district.
She further said she will miss all the "wonderful working relationships" she has formed with teachers, administrators, School Board members and members of the community in Elmbrook.
"This is such a dedicated group of individuals," she said. "They're just a really great group of very talented people."
The Waukesha School Board is expected to vote on Hedstrom's contract June 8, and the Elmbrook School Board is scheduled to vote on her resignation June 14.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping