A 32-year-old Waukesha man was arrested for a probation violation after telling a passerby outside a grocery store that he drank an entire bottle of cough syrup.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
Officers responded to Metro Market, 17630 W. Bluemound Road, at 11:42 a.m. April 10 after a caller told dispatchers the man had asked for a ride home.
The caller said the man claimed to have drunk an entire bottle of cough syrup and was having trouble walking.
The man was taken to Elmbrook Memorial Hospital, where he was medically cleared. He was arrested for violating his probation, related to a misdemeanor battery charge in 2012.
He is not allowed to possess alcohol, drug paraphernalia or drugs he does not have a prescription for.
His record also included a conviction for possession of an illegally obtained prescription in 2011.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping