Town of Brookfield police made two arrests at Chuck E. Cheese's Saturday after a dispute between two family members escalated into a fight.
According to a news release from the department:
Police received a called Saturday at 7:30 p.m. about an assault and fight in progress at Chuck E. Cheese's, 19125 W. Bluemound Road. A 39-year-old man allegedly punched his 20-year-old daughter in the side of her face after an argument inside the children's entertainment franchise. The fight then escalated into the parking lot.
The man was arrested for domestic-related battery and disorderly conduct. The woman was arrested for violating a restraining order petitioned by another family member who attended the birthday party. Both are being held at the Waukesha County Jail awaiting charges. The woman suffered a cut to her ear, but refused medical treatment.
The incident comes a week after police arrested two 28-year-old women for battery after a 20-person brawl inside the business.
The business released a statement after that incident, which read in part:
"Many of the measures we have in place – such as our Kid Check program, employment of security guards, active security camera systems and additional safety precautions – are transparent to our guests to encourage an environment Where a Kid Can Be a Kid. Despite our efforts, unfortunately altercations occur with a very small percentage of those who visit Chuck E. Cheese's.
"And like kids' soccer and baseball games across our country, typically the incidents are not with the kids -- but regrettably the parents. For us, even one altercation is too many. In light of this, we will continue to test and evaluate additional measures for the benefit of our guests – such as increased security camera presence and awareness, re-examining our facility seating arrangements and our party parameters as well as working closely with local authorities – with the goal of deterring future incidences"
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping