Sarah Newton, Brookfield's Junior Miss and a student at Brookfield East High School, has been named Wisconsin's Junior Miss. She will represent Wisconsin at the national finals in June.
Newton won preliminary awards for fitness and self expression at the state final competition, held Aug. 8 at the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center. In addition, she earned $4,500 in scholarships.
Raquel Bruening, New Berlin's Junior Miss and a student at Brookfield Central High School, was named second alternate at the state competition. She also earned a talent award.
Check out our photo gallery from the Junior Miss competition.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping