We endorse Nancy Kormanik for the at-large position on the Elmbrook School Board.
We are supporters of the idea of right-sizing the district staff and buildings for the residents who pay taxes here. If that means laying off staff and closing schools, the board must have the managerial courage to do that. The Elmbrook School District has excess properties, and there's a mad scramble to increase enrollment rather than decrease expenses, which is the only sure way to balance the budget. Nancy Kormanik has the courage to make the hard decisions that will face EBSD, and which affect quality of life and affordability for all taxpayers.
Barbara and Michael Shore
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)