An 11-year-old boy's back was broken when he was dragged behind a car in the driveway of his Brookfield home April 11.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
Officers were called to Elmbrook Memorial Hospital just before 11:30 p.m. April 11 because the boy had been brought there for treatment.
The boy and his sister gave conflicting accounts of the incident, but the boy's mother said he had jumped onto the car as his sister backed out of the garage. In a panic, she mistakenly hit the gas instead of the brakes, and the boy was dragged under the car.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping