A man received $550 in counterfeit cash when he attempted to sell a car June 28, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also from the report:
The man met with prospective buyers, an unidentified man and a woman, in the 15000 block of Gebhardt Road to sell a used car for $700 in cash.
When the victim attempted to deposit the cash into a bank account, he learned he had been given $550 in counterfeit bills.
It appears a bleach solution had been used to wash ink from $5 bills and then they were made to appear more valuable.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)