Elm Grove residents Zachriah Napierala, 22, and Colten A. Weber, 21, are accused of having heroin in a parked car they were sitting in in the 17000 block of Winston Park Court on July 18. Both are charged with narcotics and paraphernalia possession.
The charges were issued July 20 in Waukesha County Circuit Court. The men face up to four years in prison if convicted on both counts.
According to the criminal complaint:
About 2 p.m. July 18 a resident told a Brookfield police officer that a suspicious vehicle was parked at the entrance of Winston Park Court.
The officer found Napierala in the driver's seat cupping a syringe. A small metal cup containing heroin was nearby.
Weber was in the passenger seat holding a syringe that contained heroin.
Inside the vehicle, officers found 16 used syringes, 80 unused syringes and multiple plastic bags that at one time had held heroin.
Napierala told officers he has used heroin for a long time and wants to stop.
He said he missed an earlier appointment at a methadone clinic and purchased the heroin in Milwaukee.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)