Construction set to begin on Barker Road on Aug. 3 has been delayed indefinetly, according to the Waukesha County Department of Public Works.
Rick Harley, a county project manager, said weather and other factors this summer contributed to a backlog of projects for a contractor scheduled to resurface Barker from north of Foxbrook Park to Capitol Drive.
"I can't rightly say when work will begin," he said.
The project is expected to take about 10 days to complete. A detour will lead motorists from Capitol to Springdale Road and then to North Avenue when work begins.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping