A 20-year-old Brookfield man who was arrested for driving a stolen car July 29 faces felony and misdemeanor charges in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
Derek D. Knight is charged with driving a vehicle without the owner's consent, possession of drug paraphernalia and bail-jumping.
He was held on $1,000 cash bail after an initial court appearance July 29.
According to the criminal complaint:
Knight was arrested in the 17000 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Brookfield just after 1:30 a.m. July 29.
He was pulled over after an officer learned through a registration check that the car Knight was driving had been reported stolen in Waukesha on July 27.
It appeared that Knight had spent several days living in the car.
The officer found a marijuana pipe in a backpack Knight was wearing.
If convicted on all three counts, Knight could face up to 4½ years in prison.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)