A Lannon man notched his sixth drunken driving arrest after city of Brookfield police were called to a home because of a reported trespasser.
Officers responded to the 600 block of Calhoun Road just after 10:30 p.m. Friday, when family of the 48-year-old man reported he was outside their home pounding on windows and shouting, according to police reports.
Also from the reports:
Officers were conducting increased patrols in an effort to crackdown on drunken driving at the time of the call.
They arrived at the home in time to see the man accelerate rapidly from the driveway.
He was pulled over on Calhoun, near the Interstate 94 overpass, and failed sobriety tests. A blood sample was collected to determine his blood-alcohol content.
A recommendation for charges of driving while intoxicated, sixth offense, and driving with a suspended driver's license has been forwarded to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office for review.
The man's family told officers he has a drinking problem, and they hadn't seen him for years before he showed up unexpectedly at their home Friday.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping