A home in the 700 block of Oakwood Lane caught fire because cooking oil was left unattended, according to City of Brookfield firefighters.
According to a Fire Department press release:
Firefighters responded to the home at 770 Oakwood Lane about 6 p.m. and discovered smoke billowing from the front door and kitchen windows.
The owner was at home and said nobody was inside.
Unattended cooking oil started the top of the stove on fire.
Damage to the home is estimated at $40,000. The fire was contained to the kitchen, but the rest of the home was damaged by smoke.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)