A prescription for medical marijuana kept a California man out of trouble with local authorities during an incident in Brookfield on Friday.
According to the police report:
The 26-year-old Dixon, Calif., man was found in possession of marijuana, but not cited, at Motel 6, 20300 W. Bluemound Road, at 1:16 p.m. Aug. 10.
Upon further investigation, police learned the man was legally able to smoke the marijuana for medical reasons.
Police consulted the Wisconsin Attorney General and Waukesha District Attorney offices before determining not to issue a citation.
The man was warned about smoking in the motel, which is unlawful since a smoking ban went into effect more than two years ago.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)