Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins, 18, of Brookfield, has been named The Country Network Breaking Out Artist of the Week.
Collins' music video for her original song "Dimples Filled With Lies" will be featured during the TCN Top 20 video countdown and has been added to TCN's video rotation.
She is the 2012 Wisconsin Area Music Industry Rising Star and the 2011 Wisconsin state winner of the Texaco Country Showdown. In 2009, at the age of 15, Collins finished in the Sweet 16 nationally in CMT's Music City Madness.
"Dimples" was recorded in Nashville and features musicians who have toured with Keith Urban, Martina McBride, Lady Antebellum and Darius Rucker. The video was filmed at Klode Park in Glendale and was directed by David Busse of Milwaukee. It features her friends, Matt Post of Brookfield and Becky Calhoun of Waukesha. "Dimples" is included on her second CD of original songs, "Run Away With Me."
TCN is available on more than 41 television stations across the U.S. and provides a 24/7 live simulcast over the Internet. In Milwaukee, TCN is shown on Channel 24.2 or Channel 988 on Time Warner Cable. The Top 20 Countdown is scheduled to air at 9 p.m. Dec. 23, with "Dimples" scheduled to air about 9:16 p.m. The rebroadcast is scheduled for 10 a.m. Dec. 24 with "Dimples" scheduled for 10:16 a.m. The Internet stream is one hour earlier.
Collins graduated from Brookfield East High School in June and maintains a busy performance schedule, having done more than 150 shows each of the past two years. She has recently opened for national acts Katie Armiger, Paul Thorn and Turnpike Troubadours and is scheduled to open for Sixpence None The Richer at Shank Hall on Jan. 24.
She has three performances on Saturday: on WBKV AM Radio 1470 from noon to 12:30 p.m., at the Boston Store entrance to Brookfield Square from 2 to 4 p.m., and in the Bradley Center East Atrium from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., before the Milwaukee Bucks game. Other performances include Winterfest at 5 p.m. Dec. 29 and singing the national anthem for the Milwaukee Wave on Jan. 12 and the Monster Truck Jam on Jan. 18.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping