A 25-year-old Brookfield man was charged Jan. 13 with having sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl.
Roger Cypher was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree child sexual assault, a felony that carries a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Cypher said he had met the girl through a dating website, though she had used a fake name, and they agreed to meet on Jan. 9. He said they had sex at his house, and he left the next morning for work.
The girl apparently contacted her mother after he left, using a neighbor's telephone, the complaint states. The neighbor told police the girl looked scared.
Cypher told police, according to the complaint, that he used "extremely poor judgment."
He is expected to be in court Jan. 30 for a preliminary hearing.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping