Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
Who's got more money?
Question: Between the City of Brookfield and the Village of Elm Grove, which municipality is wealthier per household?
Response: According to a relatively brief look at U.S. Census data, the Village of Elm Grove appears to be the wealthier municipality per household.
According to quickfacts.census.gov, the Village of Elm Grove has higher median values of owner-occupied housing units and higher median household incomes.
The median value of owner-occupied housing units refers to the exact middle of values obtained from respondents in the census. The median divides the value distribution into two equal parts: One-half of the cases falling below the median value and one-half above. Median values are rounded to the nearest hundred dollars. Each value is the respondent's estimate of how much their property, including both house and lot, would sell for if it were for sale.
This tabulation includes only one-family houses on less than 10 acres without a business or medical office on the property.
The median value of owner-occupied housing in Elm Grove is $375,700. Meanwhile, the median value of owner-occupied housing in the City of Brookfield is $280,800.
Median household income refers to the middle of household incomes in data obtained by the census. Household income includes the income of the householder and all other individuals 15 years old and over in the household, whether they are related to the householder or not.
The City of Brookfield's median household income according to the U.S. Census Bureau is $88,012. Meanwhile, Elm Grove's median household income is listed as $109,933.
Email your question to Geoff Bruce at email@example.com.
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Should bicyclists be on pathways?
- Ask Now: Elected officials' time off?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- Ask Now: What ever happened to all the changes for Capitol Drive?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will BEGIN host more programs?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?