Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
Feedback on the completed pathway along Juneau Boulevard in the village of Elm Grove has been largely positive. When will the village continue to expand its pedestrian options?
Answer: The village does have some preliminary plans to build more paths along arterial roads; however, all construction is at least five years away.
"The Village Board has looked at other paths," said Elm Grove Village Manager Dave DeAngelis. "They wanted to get (the Juneau) pathway done and then look at prioritizing other ones. We are looking at putting them into our regular five-year capital plan."
The village's five-year capital plan is a rotating plan that foresees future expenses. No other pathways in the village are currently in the plan, and, as such, any further construction of pathways in Elm Grove is at least five years away.
The village's top priorities for additional pathways would include construction on Watertown Plank Road west of Highland Drive, along Gebhardt Road, along Highland and from Westover Road to Pilgrim Park Middle School.
"The discussion around having off-road pathways is for those high-traffic areas with visibility issues," DeAngelis said. "It gets people off the streets. Our streets in some places are so narrow."
He added that it is difficult to estimate the cost of a pathway due to the wide variety of factors that can affect the bottom line.
"Each one is completely different because it totally depends on where it is, how much grading you have to do, whether there's storm water involved," DeAngelis said. "It can be relatively inexpensive to extremely expensive."
The Juneau Boulevard pathway came in under budget, with Elm Grove having set aside around $300,000. The final total came in at $271,695.
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Should bicyclists be on pathways?
- Ask Now: Elected officials' time off?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- Ask Now: What ever happened to all the changes for Capitol Drive?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will BEGIN host more programs?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?