During the next two weeks Elmbrook School District will solicit bids for heating and cooling work at Pilgrim Park Middle School, but the School Board won't give final approval to the project - or decide whether to include air conditioning - until Tuesday, March 24.
School Board members have asked for separated bids that will show the cost of system replacement with and without air conditioning.
The most recent cost estimate for the project was $3.51 million, including air conditioning, according to a memo from Bob Borch, assistant superintendent of finance and operations.
Scott Miller, director of facilities management, said that one bid has been received for the project so far. It is from J.F. Ahern Co., a Fond du Lac-based company that assisted with the project's engineering work.
Miller would not disclose the amount of the offer, but said it would not be accepted.
"We consider it to be very high," Miller said.
School Board members debated the issue March 10, some asking whether repairs could be put off another year.
The board is expected to choose a bid and decide whether to include air conditioning at its next meeting, held at Elmbrook's Central Administrative Office, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield, at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 24.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)