Tonawanda Elementary School will be closed this week after a fourth-grade student was confirmed to have the swine flu virus.
The school will be closed Monday, May 4, through Friday, May 8, by order of the Waukesha County Health Department. The school is expected to reopen Monday, May 11.
District officials said lost class time will not be made up; teachers will prioritize curriculum for the remaining school year.
Superintendent Matt Gibson notified district families of the closure via a recorded phone message, asking that Tonawanda students avoid contact with one another during the week.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping