Mardi Paws was the theme of the Elmbrook Humane Society's annual fundraiser. Many of the guests wore beads, feathers and crowns to get into the spirit of the Mardi Gras-inspired celebration held at Westmoor Country Club.
The mission of the Elmbrook Humane Society is to promote the human-animal bond through adoption and education, provide shelter to homeless animals and prevent animal cruelty and neglect. The committee arranging the benefit included Karen Sparpani, Stephanie Soerens, Beth and Jim Slocum, who chaired the event, Kristina Skof, Sally Piefer, Kathy and Bill Meyer, Pam MacArthur, Cynthia Dennis, Board President Barbara Baron and Janet Awe.
Some of those at the gala included board members Jill and Craig Haupt of Mukwonago; Linda and Gary Gerschke, Kelly Gray, Gus Moulas, Dori andRon Nelson and Barbara Salisbury, all of Elm Grove; Pam Kandziora, Richard Averbeck, Michelle Miller and Joanne Peterson, all of Brookfield; Cheryl andJohn Aschenbrenner of Nashotah; Laura Skof of Menomonee Falls; Erica Rouleau of Hartland; and Marcia Ridley of Pewaukee.
Lorayne Ritt covers events held by Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send a fax to (262) 650-0275.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping