Are those coyote howls being heard in Brookfield?
Issue: A reader believes she sometimes hears coyotes howling in the Imperial Estates subdivision at night. She wants to know if there have been any coyotes reported and what dangers coyotes present.
Status: Lt. Bruce Schell of the City of Brookfield Police Department said he is not aware of any calls reporting coyotes but that there most likely are coyotes in the city at times. He added that coyotes generally are not something residents should be concerned about and pointed me to the village of Fox Point's website, which he said provides good information about coyotes in southeastern Wisconsin.
"Coyotes are typically not aggressive toward humans and are generally fearful of them," according to the website. But, the website adds that coyotes may attack domestic animals and recommends that pet owners avoid leaving pets outside unattended between dusk and dawn.
For more information go to www.vil.fox-point.wi.us, and type "coyote" in the search box.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Should bicyclists be on pathways?
- Ask Now: Elected officials' time off?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- Ask Now: What ever happened to all the changes for Capitol Drive?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will BEGIN host more programs?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?