Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
Reader notices signs missing at school zone on Gebhardt
Question: A reader noted that Gebhardt Road has a "school zone" sign for eastbound traffic outside St. John Vianney School, but lacks signage for westbound traffic. She asked: "Is that considered a school zone or not? Not very well-marked for the children."
Response: I asked Public Works Director Tom Grisa about the signage, and he said it was the city's mistake and he will fix it.
Gebhardt Road has two school zones near Calhoun Road, one to the east for Brookfield Central High School, and one to the west for St. John Vianney. Grisa said Brookfield Central has signage for eastbound and westbound traffic, but for some reason St. John Vianney was only ever marked for eastbound traffic.
"You have a very observant reader," Grisa said. "We appreciate someone bringing it to our attention. Normally we're pretty good about putting one in both directions."
Grisa said it would probably take about a week to get the sign into place, which, like the other "school zone" signs, will direct drivers to slow to 15 miles per hour when children are present. The normal speed limit on the road is 35.
Submit your question for Ask NOW by sending an email to Rory Linnane at email@example.com.
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Should bicyclists be on pathways?
- Ask Now: Elected officials' time off?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- Ask Now: What ever happened to all the changes for Capitol Drive?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will BEGIN host more programs?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?