Blessings in a Backpack is a national charity that feeds hungry schoolchildren throughout the United States. Ten women in Lake Country started a chapter in August, 2012, and they are feeding 36 children at Hadfield Elementary School in Waukesha.
However, they know that 4,000 children in Waukesha County are eligible for free or reduced-cost lunches so they intend to raise money to make a bigger difference. Recently they gathered at the home of Agnes and Geoff O'Connor in Hartland to prepare for their first major fundraiser, which will be held this summer at the home of Marjorie Clark Takton in Elm Grove.
Lorayne Ritt covers Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- County exec presents awards
- Pewaukee chamber goes Hollywood
- A maddening crowd
- Interfaith Senior Programs helping people age with dignity
- Oconomowoc Woman's Club Ladies' Night Out
- Wine & Whiskers
- Safe Babies Healthy Families Sweetheart Fashion Show
- Celebrating Wall of Fame
- Delafield Chamber of Commerce Pink Tie Gala
- A celebration of support for The Women's Center
- Elmbrook Education Association Ladies Night Out
- The 14th annual Hope Center Thanksgiving Dinner
- Interfaith Caregiving Network fish fry
- Close to Home: Boy Scouts of America Starlight Serenade
- Oconomowoc Woman's Club luncheon
- When wine equals water
- The power of women
- Caring for those in need
- I Back Jack Foundation
- 'Margaritaville' benefits free clinic