A Milwaukee woman is suing Body Transitions Medical Clinic in Brookfield, claiming the company seriously injured her by administering an injection meant to be given in the buttocks in the wrong location March 30, 2012.
Body Transitions Medical Clinic, 275 Regency Court, helps clients lose weight.
The plaintiff, Shirron Jude-Boyd, said the injection delivered to her upper thigh about four inches from her waist caused parts of her thigh to go numb and gave her back pain, according to the civil complaint.
Jude-Boyd is asking for payment from Body Transitions and its insurer for "pain of body and mind."
The case was moved from Milwaukee County Circuit Court to Waukesha County Circuit Court last month.
Body Transitions did not return calls from NOW Newspapers seeking comment.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping