Patients of Baehr Essential Chiropractic & Wellness are more than just an intricate assemblage of muscle and spine, according to the clinic's owner.
"I assess the whole being, because sometimes when soft tissue and vertebrae aren't working properly, the cause may be a breakdown somewhere else in the body," said Diane Baehr, a doctor of chiropractic who opened her practice last December. "By taking the time to listen to what's troubling my patients, asking them questions about their diet and lifestyle, then putting them through a detailed evaluation of their central nervous system and a complete neurological examination, I can determine to what extent physical, chemical and emotional stresses are contributing to a problem."
To restore good health, Dr. Baehr, a Wisconsin-certified nutritional counselor, will recommend dietary supplements that detoxify the body. Recently, she reports, one such program alleviated a patient who had been a longtime, chronic constipation sufferer.
For spinal adjustments, she employs the latest diagnostic tools, as well as a light manipulative touch.
"Being gentle puts patients' minds at ease," Baehr said. "They won't hear much, if any, cracking in their body when I work on them."
Located in the Wisconsin Wellness Clinic on Regency Court in Brookfield, Baehr Essential specializes in treating athletes, pregnant women and children. Athletic clients, in particular, she notes, tend to regard their appointments much like dental checkups.
"Just as people see their dentist every six months, athletes come to me for periodic examinations," she said. "Even if they're feeling well, they may not know that their bodies are a little 'off' and require a minor adjustment. So, it's a good habit to routinely see a chiropractor to make sure body and brain remain connected."
Baehr, who gained her chiropractic experience at a practice in Slinger, enjoys the challenge of operating her own clinic.
"I love problem-solving and the satisfaction of successfully treating people who first sought help elsewhere," she said. "It's very rewarding to make a difference in people's lives and help restore their vitality."
JUST THE FACTS
Business name: Baehr Essential Chiropractic & Wellness
Address: 280 Regency Ct, Suite 100, Brookfield, WI 53045
Owner: Diane Baehr, D.C.
Type of business: Chiropractic and wellness
Pearls of wisdom: Quality ingredients and clear communication within your body create a great recipe for healthy expression of life and vitality.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: History lives at the Dousman Inn
- Business Spotlight: Bar Stars Bartending aims to put party hosts at ease
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Hairstylist brings an art background to her work
- Business Spotlight: A hobby became a business for yarn shop founders
- Business Spotlight: FirstLight Home Care
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Alli Troutman's veterinary clinic strives to be a place animals love
- Business Spotlight: A love of art and a love of space inspired architect's career choice
- Business Spotlight: Quilt shop was an opportunity they couldn't pass up
- Business Spotlight: Friends combined their talents to found Snapdragon Flowers of Elm Grove
- Business Spotlight: Family roots run deep at Biloba Brewing Co.
- Business Spotlight: Sheri Bauer wants to heal others like she healed herself
- Business Spotlight: Wayde Peronto's business takes pictures, and gives back
- Business Spotlight: North Star Catering takes the restaurant into the community
- Business Spotlight: A Savvy Bride in Brookfield strives to make a perfect day
- Business Spotlight: Jamie Durner sought fulfillment, and now helps others do the same
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At the Fun Kids Dentist, the fun starts at age 1
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Demand is strong at Self Storage of Goerkes Corners
- Business Spotlight: 3 realtors in 3 communities broadens the appeal
- Business Spotlight: Bowling is about families, including the Posnanski family at Bluemound Bowl