How a healthy body and brain can improve both athletic and academic performance is the topic of a presentation by John Underwood, president and founder of the American Athletic Institute at 7 p.m. March 28 in the field house of Brookfield East High School, 3305 N. Lilly Rd.
The free, 90-minute program is aimed at parents, students, school officials and concerned community members.
Underwood has conducted the only physiological case study of the residual effect of alcohol on elite athletic performance. He is a former NCAA All-American runner, has coached Olympic champions and has been a consultant for the U.S. Navy Seals.
Underwood's "Pure Performance" program is a mandated New York Public High school Association program. He also is a consultant to the Pacific Institute of Research and evaluation and the Underage Drinking Enforcement Training Center.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping