With the deadline for filing papers for candidacy passing Dec. 7, all the names are in the hat for local elections April 1.
In the City of Brookfield, seven aldermen are up for election with two contested races. Bill Carnell is being challenged in District 1 by Andris Jaunberzins, and Lisa Mellone is challenged in District 7 by Kris Seals. Running unopposed as incumbents are Bob Reddin, Jeff McCarthy, Mark Nelson, Gary Mahkorn and Jerry Mellone.
Three trustees are up for election in Elm Grove. One trustee, John Meser, decided to step down from his position, but trustees George Haas and John Domaszek are running to keep their seats. Patrick Kressin is running for the third seat.
In the Town of Brookfield, two incumbent supervisors, John Schatzman and Pat Stroebel, are hoping to stay in office. They will face competition from Larry Hipp for the two at-large seats.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping