A woman told city of Brookfield police that her dog was attacked by a rottweiler during a walk through Mitchell Park on June 10.
According to the police report:
The woman was walking her 26-pound dog through the dog park at 9:34 a.m. June 10 when an 80-pound brown and black rottweiler bit her dog in the abdomen and shook it.
The victim told the owner that her dog should be on a leash. The owner replied, "You should not have walked by my dog."
The owner fled east on a path that leads to a Brookfield Elementary on Brookfield Road.
The victim took her dog to the vet for treatment of puncture wounds to his abdomen.
Brookfield city ordinances state dogs must be leashed or under the control of his or her owner at all times.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping