When the taste for Italian hits, Mozzaluna Pizzeria has the answer. Featuring authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizzas and high-quality pasta dishes, salads, appetizers, sandwiches and desserts, they have the right dish to appease your taste buds.
Locally owned by Brookfield residents Barb and Phil LeClaire, Phil explains that they "wanted to create a restaurant in Brookfield that served awesome, but affordable food in a comfortable setting for couples and families alike." They found just the right location in the former Mr. B's location.
"The large wood-fired oven was perfect for the Neapolitan pizzas that cook at 700 degrees for only a few minutes," he said.
With a new earth-toned color scheme and refinished wood floors, the pizzeria now boasts a warm, welcoming feel.
Pizza is tops
Phil explained that "the big draw is pizza."
Their pizza starts with imported flour, meats, and cheeses. But Mozzaluna also uses locally sourced ingredients to make pizza with hand stretched dough that bakes crispy on the bottom, slightly chewy around the edge, and is topped with fresh ingredients.
A crowd favorite is sopressata, which Phil explained is an imported salami with a garlic start and a spicy finish "that puts typical pepperoni to shame."
Featuring four separate dining rooms, it has become a popular place for celebrating family events, business lunches and dinners, and, with its casual style, simply relaxing with a great meal anytime.
"The restaurant has also become quite popular for business and special event catering including the Wilson Center Starry Nights concerts," explained Phil.
In addition to their pizza and Italian cuisine, Mozzaluna hosts a variety of music groups including Vivo, J. Ryan Trio, Sharon Schmidt Trio, and Cassandra McShepard of the Fox 6 morning show Real Milwaukee.
The pizzeria is open 7 days a week.
TASTE OF THE TOWN
NAME: Mozzaluna Pizzeria and Ristorante
ADDRESS: Stonewood Village Shopping Center, 17700 West Capitol Drive, Brookfield
PHONE: (262) 790-1077
FARE: Authentic wood fired pizza and Italian favorites
HOURS: Daily 11 a.m. to close
PRICE RANGE: $10 to $15
HANDICAPPED ACCESS: Yes
GLUTEN-FREE OPTIONS: Pizza, pastas, salads, appetizers, and desserts
- Taste of the Town: Pasta, pizza, salad are on the menu at Louise's
- Taste of the Town: O'Donoghue's gives an Irish flavor to the heart of Elm Grove
- Loaf and Jug knows that some things should remain unchanged
- Taste of the Town: Maxie's
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Taste of the Town: Penelope's in Elm Grove, with its varied menu, thrives in the heart of the village
- Taste of the Town: The Silver Spur
- Breakfast is back at Cosmos Cafe
- Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Red Dot aims to duplicate East Side success in Wauwatosa
- There's No Place Like Hom Woodfired Grill
- Mo's Irish Pub: A lively Irish American neighborhood eatery
- Sluggo's Sports Pub & Grill: Back in business on Burleigh
- Tall Guy and a Grill: BBQ finds new heights
- Cocina DeLeon: Old-world gourmet Mexican you make at home
- Burke's Irish Castle carrying on a local Irish legacy
- Albanese's Roadhouse serves up generations of Italian blessings
- BelAir Cantina: A breezy, Cali-Mex casual eatery
- Jake's: More than just steak and potatoes
- Colonel Hart's: A true neighborhood hangout