Burleigh Elementary School has a new principal.
The Elmbrook School District announced Christian Pleister would be the new principal during its board meeting July 15.
Pleister served as principal of Canterbury Elementary School in the Greendale School District for the past six years. Prior to Canterbury, Pleister was a special education teacher for nine years in the Milwaukee and Whitefish Bay public school districts.
"Through a rigorous interview process, Mr. Pleister emerged as an instructional leader who has worked collaboratively with stakeholders to establish high expectations and a deep commitment to all students learning," said Mark Hansen, superintendent of the Elmbrook School District, in a news release. "Christian's experience and understanding of current Elmbrook initiatives such as literacy, personalized learning and response to intervention will help him hit the ground running as he transitions to Burleigh Elementary."
The selection of Pleister came after an extensive process that included the review of more than 100 applications by a selection committee comprised of Elmbrook School District staff.
Pleister's began his new role as Burleigh principal on July 16.
"I am honored to have the opportunity to lead the students and staff at Burleigh Elementary," Pleister said. "I look forward to learning more about the rich history at Burleigh and engaging the talented staff and students, as well as the dedicated parents, in building our future together."
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping