Clogged hose leads to dryer fire

Nov. 14, 2011

City of Brookfield firefighters responded to a report of a building on fire in the 18200 block of Beverly Hills Drive just after 4:30 p.m. Nov. 13.

Firefighters arrived to find that the homeowner had used a dry chemical fire extinguisher to suppress a fire inside a clothes dryer prior to arrival, according to a report.

Lint had clogged the vent hose, and the homeowner was advised to have it checked by service personnel before using it again.

Damage is estimated at $1,000, according to the report.


Local Crime Map



Latest Photo Galleries