A partially decomposed body was found under bushes on the east side of the UPS building, 12400 W. Bluemound Road, about 3:20 p.m. Sunday, according to an Elm Grove police report.
Elm Grove police responded to the scene, but determined the dead body, about 150 yards east of the UPS access road, was just over the border, in Wauwatosa, the report states. Officers from both departments taped off the area.
Elm Grove Assistant Police Chief Jason Hennen said Elm Grove officers were not further involved in the case, which was taken over by Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa Police Department had no formal police report on the incident as of 10:30 a.m. except a "dead on arrival" call from officers who were dispatched Sunday, said Karla Ordal, records clerk.
Neither Police Chief Barry Weber nor Lt. Christopher Fox could be reached for comment.
NOW will post more information if it becomes available.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping
- Brookfield East choir to perform with Foreigner at Waukesha County Fair
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28