The city of Brookfield Police Department arrested four people for driving under the influence of intoxicants between 9:20 p.m. Friday and 1:30 a.m. Saturday.
"Obviously, this problem is not going away any time soon," Capt. Phil Horter said in a news release. "We will continue to aggressively attack this issue with on-duty personnel and utilizing additional personnel with grant funding provided to us (from state and federal government)."
A 42-year-old Pewaukee woman was arrested for her third offense of drunken driving at 9:21 p.m. Friday.
A 49-year-old Germantown man was arrested for drunken driving after he crashed his motorcycle on Moorland Road at 9:43 p.m. Friday.
A 30-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for drunken driving at 12:17 a.m. Saturday.
A 21-year-old Brookfield man was arrested for drunken driving at 1:14 a.m. Saturday.
In addition, two people were cited for speeding, two were warned for speeding, three people were warned for registration violations, 12 people were given warnings for equipment violations and 15 people were given warnings for other minor moving violations and not having a front license plate.
The enforcement effort involved a combination of on-duty personnel and additional officer hours paid for through grant funding.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping