Ellipse Fitness owner helps folks put goals into action
Decision to buy club made in week
While rapid rises are nothing new in the business world, Ashley Haag's recent ascent from manager to owner of two local Ellipse Fitness franchises threatens to make a mockery of fast climbs up the corporate ladder.
"I was working out at Ellipse Fitness-Third Ward last fall and a staff member told me that their manager had just left and I should apply for the opening, since I was always giving them marketing ideas," Haag said. "I did, and got the job. I started on a Monday. By midweek, I learned that that location and Ellipse Fitness-Brookfield were up for sale. On Friday, my husband, Andrew, and I were in negotiations to buy them."
After the couple assumed ownership of the two facilities in November, Haag set about putting her stamp on the business. The former fitness instructor frequently sits in on - and sometimes teaches - the various cardio-kickboxing and strength and resistance training sessions that Ellipse Fitness offers.
"I'm a very hands-on owner with a passion for fitness that I want my staff to share," she said. "Bad customer service is my biggest pet peeve, so I want my staff of certified fitness professionals to know our members by name."
At Ellipse Fitness, selections include a weight-loss program that consists of custom meal planning, confidential weigh-ins and body fat analysis, and boot camps for extreme strength and cardio conditioning.
"Our goal is to be the best part of our members' day and not something that they dread," Haag said. "Yet, at the same time, they shouldn't have to spend hours a day in the gym to get healthy. I get the most satisfaction when a member comes out of a class dripping sweat, but smiling from ear to ear."
For information on
Ellipse Fitness-Brookfield, email brookfieldwi@
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Ellipse Fitness-Brookfield
ADDRESS: 17800 W. Bluemound Road
PHONE: (262) 641-1030
OWNERS: Ashley and Andrew Haag
TYPE OF BUSINESS: health and fitness
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "A healthy you creates a happier you, allowing you a clear mind to follow your bliss."
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: History lives at the Dousman Inn
- Business Spotlight: Bar Stars Bartending aims to put party hosts at ease
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Hairstylist brings an art background to her work
- Business Spotlight: A hobby became a business for yarn shop founders
- Business Spotlight: FirstLight Home Care
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Alli Troutman's veterinary clinic strives to be a place animals love
- Business Spotlight: A love of art and a love of space inspired architect's career choice
- Business Spotlight: Quilt shop was an opportunity they couldn't pass up
- Business Spotlight: Friends combined their talents to found Snapdragon Flowers of Elm Grove
- Business Spotlight: Family roots run deep at Biloba Brewing Co.
- Business Spotlight: Sheri Bauer wants to heal others like she healed herself
- Business Spotlight: Wayde Peronto's business takes pictures, and gives back
- Business Spotlight: North Star Catering takes the restaurant into the community
- Business Spotlight: A Savvy Bride in Brookfield strives to make a perfect day
- Business Spotlight: Jamie Durner sought fulfillment, and now helps others do the same
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At the Fun Kids Dentist, the fun starts at age 1
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Demand is strong at Self Storage of Goerkes Corners
- Business Spotlight: 3 realtors in 3 communities broadens the appeal
- Business Spotlight: Bowling is about families, including the Posnanski family at Bluemound Bowl