The Elmbrook School Board has identified Mark Hansen, currently chief academic officer in the Pewaukee School District, as the finalist to become the next Elmbrook school superintendent.
In a news release, the board noted that 47 candidates formally applied, six candidates were interviewed and two finalists were under serious consideration until one withdrew.
"Mr. Hansen has an outstanding track record of educational accomplishment and leadership and the board looks forward to continuing its analysis and vetting of his candidacy on Feb. 16," School Board President Tom Gehl said.
On Feb. 16, Hansen will tour two schools, meet with select district and school staff members and have a finalist interview.
The board wants to hire a new superintendent before the end of the month so that person is ready to serve the district July 1. Current Superintendent Matt Gibson, who has served the district for the past 17 years, is retiring.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping