The Elmbrook School Board voted, 6-1, tonight to close Hillside Elementary School after this school year ends.
Board member Bob Ziegler provided the lone dissenting vote, saying the board should see a redistricting plan before making the decision.
A plan for redistricting Elmbrook's remaining elementary schools is expected to be unveiled in November.
The decision was greeted with jeers from the crowd of about 150 people who came to witness the vote, most of whom oppose the closing.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping