The Elm Grove Fire Department responded a fire early Monday morning that nearly destroyed an Elm Grove home.
There were no reported injuries to occupants or emergency personnel. Police Chief Jim Gage said no one was home when fire and police personnel arrived just before 3 a.m. in the 15000 block of Westover Road. Brookfield, Waukesha, New Berlin, Menomonee Falls, Lannon and Muskego also responded.
The cause of the fire, which officials said was under control by 4 a.m., is still under investigation. No origin has been determined at this time.
Early estimate of structural loss is $407,300. Total assessed value of the home, including land, is $548,000, based on 2012 property tax listings. The home had been listed for sale.
It was not immediately known whether the home had working smoke detectors or a fire alarm system.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)