Brookfield East High School student Collin Steen has won a $1,000 Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Excellence Scholarship. Recipients of the scholarship demonstrate academic excellence and a strong promise to succeed in college and beyond. Steen is among 22 recipients this year from the southeastern Wisconsin region.
Three Elmbrook teachers have been selected as Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Fellowship recipients: Brian Balfany of Pilgrim Park Middle School; Laurie Horne of Wisconsin Hills Middle School and Thomas Juran of Brookfield Central High School.
Fellowship recipients are chosen for their superior ability to inspire a love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others, and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom. Each Fellow receives a $1,000 grant, as does the school they teach at.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)