Personalized Solutions life coach helps overcome stress
She aids people in reaching potential
Marcia Jakubowski believes that having a psychology background, while not a prerequisite for the position, has been invaluable to her career as a life coach.
"My experience in educational psychology gives me a broad perspective and insight on human beings and the mind-body system," said the longtime school psychologist, therapist, presenter, university instructor and now owner of Personalized Solutions LLC in Brookfield. "Even though there's no therapy involved in life coaching, psychology allows me to help my clients in ways that I wouldn't otherwise be able to."
Launched in 2010, Personalized Solutions specializes in helping business professionals work through issues that limit them from reaching their potential, Jakubowski said.
Among Jakubowski's recent success stories are clients who've overcome career problems and fears of flying and public speaking.
"My job is to uncover the barriers to my clients' success, such as their self-limiting beliefs and sources of stress," said Jakubowski. "Stress is a huge factor in the lives of people who struggle. In fact, the Center for Disease Control reports that 90 percent of all serious illnesses are related to stress.
"When we are in stress the environment in our cells is toxic and unhealthy. But when we decrease chronic stress and enjoy positive thoughts and emotions, our cells are in growth and repair, which supports a healthier life."
Jakubowski practices a variety of stress-reduction techniques included in the personalized life plans she develops with her clients.
"My coaching model is really effective because it requires people to take responsibility for changing their lives," said Jakubowski. "The beauty of it is that once they learn it they own it; it's rewarding seeing clients practicing new behaviors and successfully living in a world that they've created for themselves.
"I believe each person can be the creative genius in their own life and wherever a person is, is the perfect place to start to create something new. I can help with that."
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to email@example.com or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Personalized Solutions LLC
ADDRESS: 16580 Mary Cliff Lane, Brookfield
PHONE: (414) 588-1120
OWNER: Marcia Jakubowski
TYPE OF BUSINESS: life coaching
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew." Albert Einstein
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: History lives at the Dousman Inn
- Business Spotlight: Bar Stars Bartending aims to put party hosts at ease
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Hairstylist brings an art background to her work
- Business Spotlight: A hobby became a business for yarn shop founders
- Business Spotlight: FirstLight Home Care
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Alli Troutman's veterinary clinic strives to be a place animals love
- Business Spotlight: A love of art and a love of space inspired architect's career choice
- Business Spotlight: Quilt shop was an opportunity they couldn't pass up
- Business Spotlight: Friends combined their talents to found Snapdragon Flowers of Elm Grove
- Business Spotlight: Family roots run deep at Biloba Brewing Co.
- Business Spotlight: Sheri Bauer wants to heal others like she healed herself
- Business Spotlight: Wayde Peronto's business takes pictures, and gives back
- Business Spotlight: North Star Catering takes the restaurant into the community
- Business Spotlight: A Savvy Bride in Brookfield strives to make a perfect day
- Business Spotlight: Jamie Durner sought fulfillment, and now helps others do the same
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At the Fun Kids Dentist, the fun starts at age 1
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Demand is strong at Self Storage of Goerkes Corners
- Business Spotlight: 3 realtors in 3 communities broadens the appeal
- Business Spotlight: Bowling is about families, including the Posnanski family at Bluemound Bowl