A late night fire at a multi-family building in Brookfield sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation Wednesday night.
The City of Brookfield Fire Department arrived at the complex, 17675 Nassau Drive, at 10:30 p.m. and reported smoke coming from the basement.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control and contained to the room of origin.
The fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damage and the cause is under investigation.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping