The pilot of a small experimental airplane that crashed at the Capitol Drive Airport this afternoon is alert and appears to be uninjured, Fire Chief Charlie Myers said.
"He didn't appear to be in any distress whatsoever," Myers said of the pilot. However, the pilot is being evaluated by Brookfield paramedics.
The plane landed upside down in a marshy area, and was found in water about boot high. The circumstances of the crash are unknown at this time, Myers said.
Flight for Life and multiple area fire departments responded.
As of 2:45 p.m., the two-seater airplane was still on the airfield.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)