The Sharon Lynn Wilson Center is inviting families to pack blankets and picnic baskets for its annual Starry Nights outdoor concert series. All live shows are free and will take place at Mitchell Park, 19900 River Road, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Food and beverages will be available for purchase for those who aren't able to pack a picnic basket.
· VIVO with Warren Wiegratz, June 21
Wiegratz returns with the international flair of his group VIVO — a jazz, pop, bossa and samba music ensemble.
· Starry Nights Orchestra with Florentine Opera, June 28
The Wilson Center's Starry Nights Orchestra returns with a patriotic Americana program under the stars.
· Rockin' Robins, July 5
This group perform iconic hits of the 1950s and 60s.
· The Dang-Its, July 12 (Marquette University Night)
Equal parts quirky and humorous, The Dang-Its' have a wide-ranging repertoire featuring everything from classics and standards to country, jazz, western swing jump tunes and more.
· The Bad Sneakers Orchestra: Steely Dan Tribute, July 19
This 14-piece, high-energy band will bring the songs of Steely Dan to life.
· Wilson Center Big Band with Jenny Thiel, July 26
Perennially the series' most popular performance, the Wilson Center Big Band concludes the summer season with the timeless music of Glen Miller, Count Basie, Nelson Riddle and more.
- The Corridor development in Brookfield announces three new tenants (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns (2)
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (28)