Brookfield Central beat non-conference opponent Arrowhead, 6-1, in the Lancers opening match.
Coach Dave Steinbach's singles players all won and two of the three doubles squads pulled out a victory.
Michael Treis won (6-3, 6-2) at No. 1 singles, Jack Michael won No. 2 (6-2, 6-0), Jordan Patt won at No. 3 (6-4, 6-2) and Matt Michael won No. 4 (6-4, 6-1).
On the doubles side, Andrew Denu/Kevin Schmidt won at No. 1 (6-4, 6-1) and Nick Nabar/Jack A. Peterson won at No. 3 (6-4, 6-0).
Ken Reichert/Cavan Wagg dropped their No. 2 match (6-2, 6-4).
The Lancers also had three 'exhibition' doubles matches and won all three - Peter and Will Lyon (6-4, 2-6, 6-3), Charlie Reimer/Jake Bordeau (6-0, 6-1) and Jack L. Peterson/Tommy Hasting (6-0, 6-2).
"Arrowhead is one of the favorites for conference," Steinbach said about the quality opening win. "We also have to get used to the outside courts."
He also commented on the opening lineups.
"We may be stronger in doubles than last year and it looks like the No. 1 doubles is a pretty good team," he said. "Our singles players looked solid also."
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine