Erin Kokta has accepted the head coaching position for the Brookfield Central girls gymnastics co-op team.
Kokta has been an assistant coach in the program for four seasons. She has also been an assistant for five years in the girls track and field program at Brookfield East.
She is a 2006 graduate of UW-Eau Claire where she earned a degree in Mass Communication-Advertising. While at UWEC she was a three-time All-American athlete in track and field including a third- place finish in the long jump. She continued to serve as an assistant coach in the men's and women's program.
Kokta was also a standout high school athlete at Brookfield East competing in gymnastics and track and field. She currently works independently in graphic design and manages athletic events throughout the region for PT Timing.
"We are excited to have an athlete and coach of Erin's caliber continue her career in Brookfield," said Athletic Director Corey Golla. "She has already earned respect and credibility in our athletic program."
Kokta replaces Carina Garcia.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine