Dillion Engle was the major reason his West Allis Hale baseball team beat Brookfield Central, 8-0, Wednesday night at McCoy Field to win the Greater Metro Conference Tournament Consolation Championship.
Engle, who is headed to UWM to play baseball in the fall, was exceptional, as he fanned 14 Lancers and allowed only three hits - a single by Bill Calawerts and a double by Ryan Hinz in the third and an infield hit to Dan Barwick in the sixth. He only walked two batters.
Engle was also outstanding at the plate, as he had four singles in four at bats and two RBIs and Garet Morganroth singled twice, doubled, scored three times and drove in two.
Brian Kimpel singled twice and drove in a run and Patrick Heal singled twice, scored a run and drove one in.
Hale scored a run in the first, three in the second and two runs in the fourth and seventh innings.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine