Brookfield Central senior forward Anna Liewen has made a verbal commitment to accept a basketball scholarship from Northern Michigan University.
Liewen, a first-team All-Greater Metro Conference selection last season, averaged 11 points and 10 rebounds per game as she helped lead the Lancers to their fourth consecutive conference championship in 2011.
She also was named third-team All-County by the Waukesha Freeman and Honorable Mention All-Suburban by CNI Newspapers.
"Anna will be a great addition to the Northern Michigan program," Lancers coach Dan Wandrey said. "She is relentless on the court and has dedicated herself to improving in all aspects of the game. In addition, she is a great kid who will do whatever is asked of her."
Liewen is a member of the Wisconsin Lakers AAU program.
She will sign a national letter of intent during the early signing period in November.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine