Brookfield Central's girls basketball team crushed Milwaukee Hamilton, 54-15, Tuesday night at home to even the Lancers record at 1-1.
Sophomore Lydia Rohde drained four 3-pointers in the first quarter to spark a 21-3 lead. The school record was five 3-pointers in a game, but Rohde missed a chance to tie or break it as she missed her other two attempts and finished with 12 points.
Central led, 36-5, at intermission as coach Dan Wandrey began emptying his bench in the second quarter.
Central worked on its 3-point shooting in the second half, trying not to take the ball inside against an under-manned Wildcat team. They out-scored Hamilton, 18-10, in the second half.
Senior Anna Liewen played an excellent game, leading the way with 14 points as 10 players got on the scoreboard.
Central now plays at Appleton East on Saturday in another non-conference game.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine