West Allis Central (12-2, 18-4) defeated Brookfield East and beat out Brookfield Central (11-3, 17-5) Thursday night for the Greater Metro Conference title.
The Bulldogs won, 55-44, at Brookfield East (5-9, 9-13), but the Spartans led 16-11 and 24-23 at intermission after the first two periods. The Bulldogs took a 37-36 lead into the fourth quarter, but then blew out the Spartans, 18-8, to win their first title since 1991. Brian Smith had 19 for East and Jarvis Garrett had 21 for Central.
The Lancers meanwhile traveled to Sussex and knocked off the Chargers, 58-49, as they also had to rally for the win. They trailed 20-16 and 29-26 before tying the game at 38-38 after three periods.
They blew away Hamilton with a 20-11 fourth period. Seth Mortag had 18 points and Jack Sandstrom and Riley LaChance finished with 12 and 10 points.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Bulldogs, Pewaukee Muskies to continue game at later date
- Land O’Lakes: Defense costs Brookfield Bulldogs against Menomonee Falls
- Soccer: Elm Grove Soccer Club U16 team has strong showing at US Youth Soccer Championships
- Brookfield's Eberle named one of top girls field hockey players in nation
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Land O’Lakes: Brookfield Blue Sox pick up key win over West Bend
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine